Saturday 4 June 2011

Starter mechanism

I've got a starter!
Bought it from a German seller on eBay (obviously someone who was prepared to ship to the UK this time)
I made an offer of 30 euros and including the postage, I paid about £40.  I was delighted.





















The rubber / spring trunk thing needs tidying up and it needs a new cable and handle, but otherwise it all seems there and I spent a lovely hour stripping and cleaning it (though the photos shown here are 'as received').

Im still not sure if I can rebuild this engine one bit at a time.  Perhaps I will have to purchase a complete engine and work from there - however I felt that I ought to do something, and when this part came up at a not unreasonable price, I went for it.

I guess that eventually, in my attempt to bring this all together, I will accumulate a whole bunch of 'spare' parts that I can either keep or sell

No comments:

Post a Comment