Monday 20 June 2011

Another shed find sees the light of day

For a week no one seemed to have noticed this bargain on eBay (well thats what I thought).  Being no bids, I had planned to slip a last minute offer in and do the seller a favour by taking it off their hands for them.  What an idiot I am.

To be fair, this wasn't really the right scooter for me - its a DKW Hobby after-all, but it did have a handful of bits that would be useful to me, AND it was in the UK so pick up costs would be reasonable, so despite the fact that I would have to sell 75% of this scooter, I was rather excited that it was on the market and with no bidding action happening.  Bernie had contacted me in the week to say he had seen it and was possibly interested, but I sensed that he probably had other projects to finish first?;-)

So Sunday came and the auction was within a couple of hours of closing, and I was convinced it was mine, but blow me, other people had ideas of their own.  A little bidding frenzy saw 5 people thrash it out over 11 bids with a closing bid of £360.  I was amazed!

I was amazed firstly that 5 people wanted it..... who are those people?
and I was amazed that it went for as much as it did - Way above what I think its worth in that condition;  I can buy a complete manurhin for 380 euros in France at the moment.  It made me think that perhaps my original bike was a bargain.
Congratulations to the winning bidder and I wish them the best of luck with their project (and would be happy to hear from them if they have any bits for sale that I'm after)

No comments:

Post a Comment