Wednesday 1 June 2011

The network continues to expand

I love the way this project is blossoming.  Every now and then another conversation blooms into something fascinating.

I had a little flurry of email conversation the other day with Alex, a Frenchman somewhere in France.  I discovered his intention to sell his 2 Manurhins via a French classified ads website.  Sadly he didnt have any parts to sell, only complete bikes and his suggestion of 5000 Euros for the 2 was way out of my league.  He asked me to make an offer for one of them but not wanting to offend, I kindly declined.

And then I had an email reply from Bernie at the British Two Stroke Club.  I'd asked him what he knew about Manurhins.  He was most apologetic "I am afraid as far as your scooter  is concerned i am completely in the dark as far as info goes, I'm sorry but i have only info on bikes".  No need for apologies Bernie - At least he knows now that should he stumble over Manurhin people or parts, he can direct them my way.


Reg's fabulous Manurhin is an inspiration.... For sale I think!
Out of the blue, I recieved an MMS message from my brother (who happens to be rebuilding a Garelli Monaco Capri) with a photo of a classified ad from someone wanting to sell a Manurhin.  I had no idea how old the ad was, but I called the number anyway and as luck would have it I got through to a fabulous chap called Reg who was both interested in my project and interesting to listen to about his own project.  He hadn't sold his bike yet and at £1200 it sadly wasn't something I could buy.  Reg didnt have any parts for sale, but he did have information and contacts that he would be happy to share with me.  
Interestingly, Reg was the first person I had spoken with who could/would share with me his experience of actually riding a Manurhin - He said it was a very easy and pleasant experience - which is interesting because the chaps at Icenicam would appear to disagree......


I fell across this fabulous review and history of the Manurhin - It make me laugh and wince at the same time 

No comments:

Post a Comment