Monday 13 June 2011

The elusive woodruff

Look closer.

Look closer at that technical drawing of the flywheel and crankshaft arrangement, and you will see that there is an item No. 14 seemingly pointing to nothing.  Stupidly, I have been simply ignoring this.  I have been scouring the drawings for something that looks like a woodruff key, and not seeing it, i have simply ignored all labels and parts ID.

That is until Roy sent me a parts catalogue.

It would seem that I have all technical exploded diagrams, but with the addition of Roys parts lists, I now have a complete picture, and that item No.14 is not just an empty line.  There is in fact a tiny little component at the end of that line, and it is identified in the parts manual as;


Roy mentioned (though he wasn't sure) something about perhaps a little ball bearing that sat in a depression on the shaft.  So perhaps there shouldn't be a woodruff key in my shaft after all.
I wonder what a "V positioning magnetic cotter" might look like?  And how would I know if mine should be a 14a - "Positioning pin magnetic cotter"? (I dont seem to be able to identify what part No. 103 306 is)

No comments:

Post a Comment