Friday 27 May 2011

To ebay or Not to ebay....... that is the question

I am rather encouraged to see a number of parts coming up on ebay (particularly German ebay) - this means that there are people out there willing to sell bits that I might need.

Frustratingly though, there appears to be a bit of a market for these parts! I am bidding on a couple of parts right now and Dangit! at least another 2 people are after the same bits as me!  The bikes are rare, but clearly  only because everyone and his dog has one in his garage for renovation!

I had an idea that we (the Manurhin/DKW Hobby rebuilders) should get together and share our resources (and parts) rather than simply keep outbidding each other.  There doesn't seem to be a Manurhin Owners Club..... should I start one?  I would be member number 1.

Of course another approach could be for me to get shot of the whole bike to these other buyers and make a tidy profit in doing so.  I reckon by current ebay asking prices, if i were to strip my bike and sell the components individually, I could easily clear £500 - That would be double my investment made in 2 weeks.
I guess the real question I should ask myself is, "am I a businessman, or an engineer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment