Friday 20 May 2011

Breaking the news

So HOW and WHEN to tell the wife that I'd spent money on an unknown entity that could well take up a fair amount of my time?
I appeared to have let slip the news to everyone else but my wife so later at a large family gathering i was getting lots of winks and nods to encourage me to tell her - I think they all just wanted to see me get into trouble.
I made a rash decision and blurted out "Laurie Ive bought you a present"
I dont think the burst of laughter from everyone else helped my case much at this point.
Seriously I did think it would be a nice present - of course i would have to do all the renovation work on it, but surely she would enjoy riding it.  wouldn't she?
I showed her a picture of the bike.  "It looks like a camel" she exclaimed
I was a little taken aback at this disinterest and before I knew it, my foolishness had been posted up on facebook

I am sure she will come to love it eventually - after all she did with me

No comments:

Post a Comment