Wednesday 25 May 2011

Beltomatic

Ive been studying the technical diagram sheets on Cedrics website, and I think that what I have here on my bike is a "Beltomatic" engine.

Im not sure if this is good or bad.



On first sight it would appear that the arrangement shown in the top diagram has a very complicated arrangement of spacers and washers - originally I dismissed this as just plain silly, but I'm now starting to think that these might be an arrangement of electrical insulators.... could the Beltomatic be electrically controlled?
Look closer at the picture - that looks like an electrical wire, not a bowden cable as in the bottom diagram.
Certainly, the full diagrams include a handlebar 'lever' in the lower diagram arrangement, and a handlebar 'switch' in the upper diagram arrangement.
Is my engine supposed to be electrically controlled???
Did the Manurhin have a Beltomatic engine, and the DKW have the lever engine?  If so then maybe I cant simply look for DKW Hobby parts.  Maybe I have got to start searching for beltomatic parts..... and so far I havent been able to find ANYTHING on the web about Beltomatics
Oh dear this is going to get even more complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment