Sunday 29 May 2011

Chassis number update

The plot thickens.
While stripping the bike down and revealing the whole frame, I've discovered 2 (yes 2!) more series of numbers stamped on the chassis.  So this means that there are 3 sets of different numbers stamped on my frame.








At the rear of the frame there is a strengthening flange.  On one side is the number that I originally discovered (by comparison to the other 2 numbers i have since discovered, this number is a much smaller font and much more lightly stamped in) "0301 20181 00"













Now that I could see all over the frame, I found on the other side of this rear flange another number (larger font and more heavily stamped in)  "19143"












And then up at the front end on the flange between the headstock and the down-tube, I found yet another number (large font and heavily stamped) "30453"





So what does this all mean?  I hope I find someone who can clarify it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment