Sunday 16 October 2011

so many 'little' things to do

I've started to lose track of the order of things.  I seem to have so many loose ends on the go at the moment.
I've been trying to get a few evenings of garage time in to try and make progress with this engine.  I'd like to see if I can get it to run (I think that would give me a good boost to working on the frame and running mechanics)
There seems to have been lots of little time consuming (but not particularly interesting) jobs to be done.  For example;

cleaning the carb air-filter
- fitting the wire rope to the pull start assembly.  The manuals show a special tool for holding the recoil spring while fitting the rope.  I'm not so sure its essential - I managed it ok.

and,
- repairing the perished carburetor rubber air-in pipe (which interestingly draws the fresh air in via the engine case - presumably to warn the air in advance)  I used a gel super-glue in all the cracks - it seems to hold

No comments:

Post a Comment