Monday 10 October 2011

Beltomatic belts

The drive belt on the scooter as I received it was rock-hard with age and was certainly in need of changing.  I couldn't find any reference numbers on my belt but fortunately there seemed to be lots of online references to Manurhin drive belts (though the more I looked, the more I noticed that reference numbers do vary everso slightly)
There also seemed to be talk about how difficult it was to find these replacement belts, though I have seen one come up now and then on eBay and Leboncoin.fr

I decided that the specification number I would work to was 22x8x575Li

I needed to get some new oil seals for my crank bearings, and so while asking my local bearing stockist (IBS Bearings Ltd 0121 558 4141) about those, I also took the opportunity to ask them about drive belts - They immediately recognised the spec and quoted me £37.50
I was rather pleased with myself that I should be able to find a belt as easily as that.  However it wasn't until later that day that a fellow Manurhin owner told me that he had just been quoted £12.50 for exactly the same thing! - well, actually its not exactly the same - 22x8x565 - but does this make a difference??
Only time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment