Monday 3 October 2011

Registering my scooter

I've had a little niggle in the back of my mind for a while now, and although it is still a long way off, I am slightly concerned about the process of registering my scooter - especially as I have no previous documentation or proof of its originality [though I hope in some way this blog will be able to illustrate its authenticity]
As I was eating my breakfast the other morning I was reading the latest edition of Old Bike Mart (I thoroughly recommend everyone subscribing - its better than.... well anything that you think is really good)
I read with interest about a 1928 Indian scout project that had just been "issued a dating certificate" so that the owner could apply for a period registration number.  This piqued my interest and so I dropped the writer an email to ask more about this process.

Mike Worthing emailed me back;
"My dating certs are accepted by DVLA. I provide the cert, all the DVLA paperwork filled in for you to sign and retain, and a step by step drill to follow to obtain an age related number. The fee for this services is thirty pounds (payable to me please) and my address is in Old Bike Mart"


So this might be a useful contact for the (lets hope not too distant) future.

No comments:

Post a Comment