Thursday 4 August 2011

The bits keep coming

I might be on holiday, but there is no rest for the wicked.
I have been working really hard (between drinking French wine and laying on the beach) at searching out parts for my Manurhin.  I am convinced that I am going to discover a scrap yard or a workshop with a couple of basket cases waiting for me to claim my bits.  Alas, I am having little luck so far.
BUT... eBay continues to be my saviour.
We are doing a fair amount of traveling this holiday,  and we are not always with internet access (this amazes me that some people choose not to provide internet access in their houses, hotels, B&Bs, cafes, bars etc - I feel like ive had an arm cut off when there is no google to check a map or historical detail, or in this case, eBay)
However, whenever we do get the chance to get on line, eBay is still a high priority for me to check..... and its paid off.
3 days ago, I bought from a UK seller another carb, a petrol cap and a bike stand.
And today, Thanks to Roy for the phone call this morning to tell me of the part just come on line, I bought a (rare as rocking horseshoes) rear light, rear badge and fuel tap from a chap in France - who frustratingly is only about an hour away from where I am right now (Montpellier) - but as we are traveling without a car, getting out into the countryside is not so easy.

I am sure that I am paying through the nose for these parts (I shall do a budget summary when I return to the UK) but I figure that if I am going to get this bike onto the road, I am going to need the parts eventually, and though i might be able to buy the bits cheaper eventually, I might have to work a long time for the parts to come round again.  I am very pleased to get a rear light (thanks Roy for spotting it) and I think its a smart idea to have a spare carb - so things are looking good.
AND I think I might have access to a front badge too - I dont want to tempt fate, so wont speak too much of this yet until the deal is done ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment