Sunday 25 September 2011

Engine Gasket Set

Now committed to a full engine rebuild, I went in search of a gasket set.  And sure enough I found someone out there who makes gasket sets for old motorbikes.  Of course there is!  I often wonder what it might have been like to do a project like with without the use of the internet (and then my mind usually wanders to the next question..... what will it be like to do a project like this in say 25 years time, when [internet] technology might have evolved into something we cannot even begin to imagine!)


I noticed on the Klamotte website that they sold gasket set for DKW Hobby engines but there was no mention of Manurhin.  As I wasn't sure if there might be some subtle differences,  I emailed them to ask if the Hobby Gaskets would suit my Manurhin.
Their response? "Hello, I´m sorry, but I don`t know this engine"
Really!??


Fortunately, fellow Manurhin owner, Roy, had already told me that this gasket set was suitable so I went ahead and ordered anyway.


So, for 21 Euros plus 4 Euros shipping, I now have a engine gasket set.  Just got to get those bearing changed now and it can all go back together



No comments:

Post a Comment