Monday 14 March 2016

Blowing away the cobwebs

I cant believe that my last post on this blog was May 2012 - thats nearly 4 years ago!
What happened?  Why did the project grind to a halt?
A lot of water has passed under the bridge during this time (including 2 Royal Enfeilds, and a Harley) and during this time, the poor old Manurhin has been tucked away at the back of my garden shed gathering cobwebs.

However, that all changed as we celebrated the coming of the 2016 New Year.  My Brother-in-law, Lorne suggested that we should do a "ride" this year, and I of course said YES!  However I misunderstood his definition of "ride" - Id assumed that he meant engines, he assumed that I'd agreed to buy myself a pushbike.  Definition clarified, we started to wonder if we could actually ride together - each on our own preferred ride of choice.  Perhaps Lorne could cycle a straight line from the south of France back to England, with me riding a Harley chopper zig-zag fashion across the country, meeting up with him on the evenings?  We were a couple of weeks into our preliminary planning when a vision came to me in the night (literally)....... What about the Manurhin?  If that was running, then perhaps I could ride that ALONG SIDE Lorne on his pushbike - What speeds do cyclists make?  15mph?  20mph?  I had no idea..... but I suddenly became very excited about resurrecting the Manurhin!

I arranged to get it taken over to my workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment